On the 15th of July, BlackBerry fans were delighted with the launch of the all new BlackBerry PlayBook brought by Maxis specially for their customers in Malaysia. The official launch of this powerful yet ultra-portable tablet was held at View Rooftop Bar, G-Tower Hotel last Friday.
Maxis offers its customers the new BlackBerry PlayBook at the affordable price of RM1,599 for 16GB; RM1,899 for 32GB and RM2,199 for 64GB. Even better, existing Maxis Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) users can get the PlayBook tablet for as low as RM990 when they sign up for a 3GB PlayBook data plan with their BlackBerry smartphone.
Key high performance features of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet include:
* 7″ 1024×600 WSVGA capacitive LCD touch screen
* Ultra-portable at less than a pound and less than one-half inch thick: 0.9 lbs (425g) and 5.1” x 7.6” x 0.4” (130mm x 194mm x 10mm)
* 1 GHz dual-core processor
* BlackBerry® Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
* MP3, AAC and WMA audio playback
* Support for high resolution video playback (H.264, MPEG4, WMV) 1080p HDMI output
* Dual 1080p HD cameras for video conferencing and video capture (3MP front and 5MP rear)
* 1 GB RAM memory
* Up to 64 GB internal storage (16, 32 and 64 GB models)
* GPS, Orientation Sensor (Accelerometer), 6-Axis Motion Sensor (Gyroscope), Digital Compass (Magnetometer)
* Stereo speakers and stereo microphones
* Wi-Fi® (802.11 a/b/g/n) connectivity
* Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR support
There are 2 options for the Maxis BlackBerry PlayBook data & pricing plans:
Twenty lucky guests also walked away with BlackBerry devices, Jason won the BlackBerry PlayBook.
You might want to head over to Xiang's site to have a read on his hands-on experience with the BlackBerry PlayBook.